Sunday, September 25, 2011

Thankfulness. . .

This past week I was encouraged by a daily devotional I read as well as from my mom who had read that same devotional to really think about ALL that I am thankful for. What am I thankful for, that God has provided and blessed me with... So often I feel like we're all floating through life dwelling on what struggles and trials we are facing and battling anxiety, stress and tension. Today, I chose something different!


Some of the things I am thankful for:


Health-I am on a journey towards being a healthier, happier me. My desire for the future is to be the healthiest version of myself for myself and my family. I am able to work and help provide for my family. I have all my limbs, hair and teeth (plus much more!) that I can walk confidently into the world each day with a smile that shares the inner joy I have.


My Job-yes, I am thankful to have a job that helps me pay off my school debt so that I can get closer and closer to my ultimate goal : ) Yes, many days I battle mixed feelings with what job I have to do, but I have found peace in being sure that I know God has me where I am at for a reason in this time of my life. I know I am called to be a light in a dark place and to be Jesus to those I am around.


Our Home <3-it may not be huge..it may not be perfect...but it is ours! It holds many memories from the time I first met the man of my dreams to this very day. I feel safe, I feel peace, i feel comfortable..I feel home!


A Vehicle-how rarely do I think about how thankful I am to have my own car to drive! Because of God's blessings, I have the ability to get to work and any other function on my own, without relying on someone else or public transportation. I am so grateful!


A Family/In-laws/Heritage-Wow, this could be an endless topic! I am so thankful for Godly parents that loved me even on my bad days and taught me so much about life so that I could be someone of value and have something to offer this world. They prayed for me, nurtured me, encouraged me and loved me! Amazing in-laws are a true blessing as well! I couldn't ask for a better family to be involved in. What a Godly heritage they have that I admire so much. They have accepted me and welcomed me and loved me like their own. For that, I am so thankful!


Good Friends-are such a blessing in not only the fun and easy times in life, but it the trying, and troubling times. Thank you God for friends that have encouraged me with words of wisdom when I felt weak and couldn't see the next steps in front of me. Thank you for putting strong women in my life that we not afraid to speak the truth to me, even if they were afraid. Thank you for accountability, for acceptance, for love, for kindness and for the generous women you have placed in my life.


A Church Home-I don't even know where to begin explaining my thankfulness for our church family. I have never felt more included and welcomed than I have at CLC Piqua. The relationships we've built have touched me in ways I never could have predicted. I am so blessed and encouraged to be a part of serving with such strong leaders. It has been a journey of feeling extreme highs, celebrating God's faithfulness and blessings through our church and there have been extreme lows, where I have took on feelings I never knew I could feel for others. They are my "other" family!


My Husband, my love-I could go on and on expressing how extremely thankful I am that God has picked me to have the husband I do! Our relationship was unexpected, coming at such a pivotal  time in my life, but God had a plan for me...for us! It's only been a few years that we've been together, but we are learning and growing in our faith as well as our love for each other. I continue to pray for our future and the impact God will have in and through our lives. I am blessed immeasurably! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, tori.. awesome post:) I enjoyed reading it! Thanks for sharring!

    ReplyDelete